< The Klein Project
Version vom 28. Februar 2012, 00:37 Uhr von Karl Kirst (Diskussion | Beiträge)
Add your own favourite website for teachers and lecturers of mathematics students aged 16 to 19, with a brief description. Follow the style of the entries below.
- MAA Digital Library On-line Publication, including resources, learning materials, a developers forum, and announcements. Aimed at secondary and collegiate level.
- Mathematics Awareness Month, an annual event in USA promoted by AMS, MAA, ASA, and SIAM. The 2010 month had a focus on Mathematics in Sport.
- schoolmathematics.org, a wiki managed by the Institute for Mathematics & Education at the University of Arizona to encourage discussion of the mathematics of high school.
- Operations Research, an American website explaining Operations Research and containing an extended list of case studies. Intended for business managers, but useful for mathematics teachers as a starting point. The UK equivalent is here.
- Ritemaths. The themes of the RITEMATHS project are to use real problems (R) and information technology (IT) to enhance (E) students' engagement with and achievement in mathematics (MATHS).
- Comics on Mathematics & Phyics are available in many languages (originally written in French by Jean Petit).
- Dynamic Geometry Sketches and Interior angle sum of polygons (Michael de Villiers)